IANS Domiciliary Care Limited, part of Immigration And Nationality Services Limited (IANS) has been recently awarded by Hampshire County Council to provide Care and Support at Home to eligible Individuals living within a geographical zone area within Hampshire.
We are therefore looking to recruit 10 senior care assistants to join our team.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
To support the Care Coordinator in all aspects of managing the delivery of services at Home, including taking temporary complete charge during the absence of the person in charge.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- To help to ensure that all junior care staff contribute to the best of their ability to the efficient running of the service and the creation of the right atmosphere
- To act as a Senior Key worker and the formulation of care plans in accordance with the service users needs and wishes and to update as needs change
- To liaise with healthcare professionals and multi-disciplinary teams if a service user requires assistance
- To supervise junior staff, providing support and assistance, providing them with PPE and documents as and when needed
- To assist with the activities of daily living and personal care
- To carry out spot checks on Home Carers, complete reviews and assessments on Service Users as and when required
- To report any issues to the management team, complete and maintain records of daily activities, observations, and direct hours of service
- To ensure service is delivered in accordance with all relevant policies, procedures and practices
- To carry out duties as assigned by the Registered Manager
- To attend induction, in-house training sessions and staff meetings
- You must have a good basic education Level 3 in Health and Social care or equivalent NCFE Level 2 in Safe Handling of Medicines
- You must have a good general intelligence, clear reasoning ability, time management skills and able to multi task and with problem solving skills
- Ability to follow instructions at least 6 month's experience in a role caring for the elderly and with experience in working as a team member
- Good written and oral communication skills, empathy with residents and leadership skills
- Self-reliant, motivated, dependable, trustworthy, pleasant, manner able
- Flexible with regard to working hours and available in reasonable emergencies
We offer skilled worker visa sponsorship and so we welcome applications from overseas.
Job Type: Full-time
Date advertised : 12 February 2021